Friday, August 16, 2013

Nightly Routine!

This post has been widely requested, I still can't believe how popular my blog is getting! I get at least 1000 views on each post and at least 700 comments! Thanks so much everyone :) So our nightly routine starts after dinner! After we finish dinner around 6:30, the kids play! It varies all of the time between hid and go seek, tag, or George Washington Fun board game! Usually I will play with them, or Ben. At 7:30 we give them their baths, we have 2 bathrooms, and one of each takes a pair of twins and baths them! It sounds weird, but its true ;) Our bath routine is this. I undress the kids myself, they aren't the best at it! For the girls, I lift a kid onto the toilet to pee, and sit the other kid in the sink to pee! For the boys, I let them practice their aim and choose to pee in the toilet, trashcan, sink, or tub! After they finish peeing I put them in the bath and turn the water cold! I always have used cold water, it is better for your skin and all! I scrub them with Dove soap, and then shampoo their hair! After that I let them play for a few minutes while I pee or something! They don't mind seeing me naked, it's normal for them! Sometimes I even will join them in the bath, naked. They love that and usually like to play with me and all! That's only for a treat when they have been extra good, though. After playing, I get them out and we do stretches for a few minutes to loosen up our joints! I towel them off and braid their hair, only the girls I braid their hair, of course! They walk to their rooms naked, usually go say hi to daddy first though! Then I get them dressed and out in the living room! I read stories, usually educational, and then take them to pee one more time! The nighttime pee routine is much different. It's more calming. For the boys, they both pee in the toilet at the same time. For the girls, they usually don't have to go so they watch me pee first and then I sit them both on the toilet, facing each other, and they pee at the same time! It's a great bonding experience for them. After that I get them tucked in and kisses and all, and Ben and I make out at the end of their beds for a few minutes to calm them even more and get them really to sleep! So that's our nightly routine for the kids, comment if you want a morning routine :)

1 comment: